Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Flooding in my hometown!

Well if you watched TV over the long weekend you know that several parts of Marin, Sonoma, and Napa counties got flooded. I have a TV but we only use it for watching VHS tapes. So I was a bit suprised when Ewan and I went into town to get a gelatto and we found this instead.















It was about 4:30pm and the police were telling everyone they had to leave by 5pm. Most stores were still squeegying (is that a word?) mud out the front door so I know it all stayed wet overnight. I can only guess at the mold problems there will be.

These pictures were in the window of the local bookstore. They would have been taken after people were allowed back into the area, which was after the water had mostly receded!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home