Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Favorite Phrase

My favorite phrase in the English language is, "more please."

On Sunday I made a batch raspberry bars. After dinner I cut out a piece for dessert. I offered it to Ewan and like with any new food he rejected it emphatically until I said it was like a cookie. After one bite he smiled and looked at me and said, "more please." This morning we both overslept. To wake him up I started scratching his back, kissing his cheek, and talking to him. When he stirred I stopped and I heard the tiniest voice saying, "more please." So I kissed his cheek again and got a, "no no. more please, back."

When I hear it I've done something right or given him something really good. He always says it with this small voice and a shy grin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home